A Bachelor of Dental Surgery course is quite a sought-after course among students who want to pursue medicine and work in fields of oral health. The
courseprovides a choice of independent career to students. It is essential to choose a reputable dental college for pursuing a Bachelor of Dental Surgery course. If you’re planning to pursue the course, check this read.We’ve answered some of the frequently asked questions on Bachelor of Dental Surgery course:
Question 1: What is a Bachelor of Dental Surgery course?
A Bachelor of Dental Surgery course is a 4-year undergraduate degree programme. The course is regulated by the Dental Council of India (DCI) where all dentists have to register to practice after the completion of their study. Students can practice after getting a licence from DCI.
Question 2: What is the scope of a Bachelor of Dental Surgery course?
Bachelor of Dental Surgery course is a professional degree after which students can work in both private as well as government hospitals. Students can also go for Master of Dental Surgery (MDS) which is a postgraduate programme.
Question 3: What do students study in a Bachelor of Dental Surgery course?
During the tenure of the Bachelor of Dental Surgery course course students study the following subjects:
- General human anatomy
- General human physiology
- Dental anatomy embryology
- Oral histology
- Pre-clinical prosthodontics & crown & bridges
- General and dental pharmacology
- General surgery
- Oral pathology & Oral microbiology
- Oral & maxillofacial surgery
- Paediatric & preventive dentistry
- Public health dentistry
- Periodontology, and more
Question 4: How long is a Bachelor of Dental Surgery course?
The Bachelor of Dental Surgery course is for four years plus one year of internship in a dental college. It is compulsory for every student to go for a year of training after completing the final exam of the Bachelor of Dental Surgery course.
Question 5: What to look for in a good dental college?
Here is the list of a few thing that should be looked for while looking for a good dental college:
- Experienced faculty: Good dental colleges such as Karnavati School of Dentistry have a team of well-experienced and qualified faculty. For a professional course like Bachelor of Dental Surgery course, faculty plays an important role, it helps in better understanding of the concepts and practical applications of the concepts.
- Necessary infrastructure: Necessary infrastructure such as well-equipped labs and libraries are essential for students. At Karnavati School of Dentistry, we have appropriate learning centres and laboratories so that they have a better understanding of the subjects and have enough practical knowledge before entering the professional world. Our high-tech library is open for students 24×7.
- Exposure: Exposure in the form of medical conferences, talks and real-time practice is necessary for students to prepare them for the real professional world.
Question 6: What is the eligibility to do a Bachelor of Dental Surgery course?
- Student candidates must have completed 17 years of age as on 31st December of the academic year for which he/she has applied for.
- Candidates must have passed the 10th and 12th from a recognized board. For detailed information, click here.
- Candidates must have qualified NEET conducted in the current academic year.
To know more about Bachelor of Dental Surgery course fees, call at +91 6359879581.