A BDS programme is one of the most sought-after courses in India. After completing the course, you can work as a dentist, researcher, or dental hygienist at private or government hospitals. You can even start your own dental practice. If you are looking for a dental college in Gujarat, Here are some useful insights on the entrance exam, BDS eligibility and BDS fee structure:
1. BDS entrance exam:
National Eligibility Entrance Test (NEET) is the only exam for admission to BDS courses in India. To be eligible for NEET, you must first register on the official website and fill out an online application form with your details. Once you submit the form, the necessary documents, and the examination fee, you can proceed to take the exam.
Here are some tips to prepare for the NEET:
- Stay updated on the latest syllabus: Staying on top of the latest syllabus and exam pattern for NEET is essential to doing well in your exams. To do this, it’s important to make sure that you visit the official website regularly to keep up with any updates.
- Know how to manage time: Creating a study schedule or timetable can be a great way to manage your time and ensure you cover all the exam materials on time.
- Solve previous year’s question paper: Solving previous years’ papers can help you understand what kind of questions come in the exam and how much time you need to solve different sections. Try to solve the papers within the stipulated time so that you can improve your speed.
Note: To seek BDS admission in any college in India, be it private or government, you need to qualify NEET-UG entrance exam
2. BDS eligibility criteria:
Here are the BDS eligibility criteria at Karnavati School of Dentistry:
- To be eligible for the BDS course, you must complete 17 years of age before enrolling for an academic year.
- You must have passed 12th grade with either B-group or AB-group from a recognised board with a minimum of 50% for the general category, 45% for the general-PH category, and 40% for the reserved category.
- Have qualified NEET conducted in the current academic year.
3. BDS fee structure:
The BDS fee structure varies from one college to another. The fee structure usually doesn’t include hostel charges, food, and study material charges.
4. BDS curriculum:
Some of the subjects included in the BDS course are:
- General human anatomy
- General surgery
- Orthodontics & dentofacial orthopeadics
- Pediatric & preventive dentistry
- Dental materials
- General and dental pharmacology
Are you looking for a reputed dental college in Gujarat?
We, at Karnavati School of Dentistry, offer BDS and MDS programmes. As per the NIRF rankings, we are no.1 in Gujarat and 31st in India. Our BDS programme is designed in accordance with guidelines set by the Dental Council of India. Spread over 33 acres of land, the campus has state-of-the-art laboratories, AC lecture halls, and a dedicated OPD where you are trained in professionalism under the guidance of experts. To know more about our course, contact us.