Upon completing their BDS degree, some graduates aspire to further develop their skills and knowledge by pursuing a Master of Dental Surgery (MDS) degree. This advanced degree helps BDS graduates get a deep and broad understanding of the field of dentistry, enabling them to contribute significantly to their professional fields. In addition, obtaining an MDS degree can broaden job prospects, with opportunities available in both the private and public sectors. In addition to pursuing courses after BDS, BDS graduates can follow these tips to improve their skills. If you are a BDS graduate, here is a useful read:
- You can get involved in research projects to broaden your knowledge. A research project will help you explore new ideas while gaining a deeper understanding of specific areas. By participating in research projects you can show your expertise and commitment to the field, as well as make a valuable contribution to its development.
- You can attend workshops to stay up-to-date with the newest developments and techniques in the field. Also, participating in online courses and webinars is a convenient and flexible way to improve your skills. Many dental institutions offer online courses and webinars covering a wide range of topics, from basic procedures to emerging trends in the dental field. By participating in these courses, you can gain new knowledge, skills and insights.
- Dental journals and books are valuable resources for dentists, containing in-depth information about advances in techniques, best practices and new research findings. By regularly reading these materials, you can stay informed about the latest developments in the field and deepen your understanding of specific areas that interest you.
- You can opt for volunteer work as it can help you develop leadership skills. You will also get hands-on experience in an area that interests you, which will increase your chances of succeeding in the dental field. It also provides you with better networking opportunities with other professionals in the dental field. Volunteering can also improve your interpersonal skills. Good interpersonal skills can help you communicate, collaborate and work with others effectively.
- Focusing on improving your technical skills, such as using dental technology or performing complex procedures, is a great way to boost your confidence. Practising these skills regularly and seeking feedback from colleagues can help you improve over time.
- A certification in a specialised field can make your resume more attractive to employers, and it may lead to offers of employment with high-profile patients.
Looking for courses after BDS?
Students who want to pursue a career in dentistry can explore postgraduate courses after BDS. At Karnavati School of Dentistry, we offer MDS in the following specialities:
- Prosthodontics and Crown Bridge
- Conservative & Endodontics
- Pedodontics and Preventive Dentistry
- Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery
To know about our MDS course details, contact us.