Planning to pursue dental courses after 12th? Check these study tips to qualify for NEET
A Bachelor of Dental Surgery (BDS) is one of the most popular career choices. BDS course is a five-year specialized course that includes 4 years of study and 1 year of internship. If you are planning to pursue dental courses after 12th, it is mandatory for you to clear NEET.
As one of the leading private dental colleges in Gujarat we share study tips to qualify for NEET:
1. Be familiar with the syllabus:
The NEET syllabus is quite vast. You may feel overwhelmed by the amount of course material you need to cover. However, it is important to know that the NEET exam covers the NCERT syllabus. This means that there are many chapters that are common between the two exams and can be studied together. This can save time and will help you focus on the parts of the syllabus that are unique to NEET.
2. Solve previous exam papers:
If you are appearing for NEET, go through previous years’ question papers. This will help you get an idea about the weightage of the questions, exam trends and frequently asked questions (FAQs). Mock tests are an excellent revision source that will help you boost your preparation levels. Also, by solving as many mock tests as possible, you can work on the weak areas.
3. Create a realistic timetable:
If you are preparing for NEET, following a fixed timetable is extremely helpful in staying focused on your goals. Having a timetable can also help you to better organise your NEET preparation, which is especially important when you have to cover 2 years of the syllabus material. Of course, it is important to be flexible with your timetable and be willing to make adjustments as needed.
Here are some tips for you to create a study timetable for NEET preparation:
- Do not follow a timetable blindly. Make modifications to your timetable, if there are any needs.
- Consider your school as well as the NEET coaching timetable before you prepare your own study timetable.
- Divide your syllabus as per your strong and weak areas. It can help you choose the concept that should be studied first.
- Keep the holidays in mind while preparing a study plan for NEET. You can make use of the holidays for studying.
- Do not forget to revise the chapters. It can help you remember the important pointers.
4. Create notes while studying:
Making notes can be really helpful. However, do not make notes the first time you read a topic. It is better to read a topic twice or thrice and then make notes. The reason being by the second or the third time, you will know what is important and what is not. Here are some advantages of preparing hand-written notes:
- Prepare handwritten notes as it helps you process information faster and ensures better comprehension.
- If you write things down, it is easy for you to remember them for a long time.
5. Take regular study breaks:
It is important to take regular breaks while studying. Taking breaks refreshes the mind and helps improve focus. It also reduces stress and fatigue. A good study break should be about 10-15 minutes long. It should be something that you enjoy doing and that does not require too much effort or concentration. Some ideas for study breaks include listening to music, meditation or going for a walk. Whatever you choose to do, make sure that it is something that will help you relax and rejuvenate so that you can go back to studying with a clear head.
Are you looking for reputed private dental colleges in Gujarat?
Karnavati School of Dentistry is one of the leading private dental colleges in Gujarat. We offer BDS course and MDS course. We are at 31st position in India and 1st in Gujarat in the NIRF ranking. The curriculum of our Bachelor of Dental Surgery (BDS) programme is designed as per the norms set up by the Dental Council of India and Karnavati University. The course is an amalgamation of theoretical studies and practical exposure.
For more information about our dental courses after 12th, contact us.